family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Thursday, December 28, 2017

The things They Say

I pulled the kids out of school a month early before we moved.  Little did I know that Abram lived all summer with the idea that he would have to repeat first grade because of it.  He was so delighted that he was going to get to go to second grade!!

Abram:  Mom, are we going East right now?
Me: (looking at the direction indicator on the car and super impressed because I no sense of direction) YES!  How did you know?!??
Abram: I saw a sign that said Eastern Oregon!

Pace when he heard me calling: Mom, were you looking for all over me?

Pace really wanted to go to the gym one morning and could tell that I wasn't headed that direction.  He decided to use his persuasive powers.

"Mom, if we just leave and don't go to the gym, you will just get fatter!" 
Me: Well, I will just have to take that risk.
Pace: "AArrrrggg!!!! I don't like fat people!!"

Pace about a large hollow tree in the Redwoods forest in California:  GUYS!!!!  You have to see this!! It makes you get in!  Do you want to live here?!??

Pace after I made and explained a fruit fly trap to him during canning season:" MOM!! Why are you killing Jesus' creations?!???!"

Abe: "I really don't like school.  My teacher said that you don't have to be at school to learn! So I want to go to grandma and grandpa's house and go on a hike with my cousins."

Abe about his lost front teeth:  "One was really wiggly. I could point it up to the sky.  I looked kind-of weird when I made my scary face!"

Pace looking all sad about the wrapped packages under the Christmas tree: "I don't have anything what's all yellow:( " That happens to be his favorite color.

Me: "Pace, how did Santa know that you like Iron Man?!" 
Pace: "He just knows what people knows!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment