family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, December 31, 2017

December 7 - Birthday lunch


Shawn had to work on his birthday, but we were able to meet up for lunch at the Sister's Cafe.  Luckily Pace was able to come along to take a picture to document the date:)





I am grateful that Shawn was born!

After lunch, Shawn had to go back to work, and Pace and I headed over to Washington Elementary for Nolan's DARE graduation. They do all of their programs during school hours here.  I thought it was sad that the dads- and some moms-  can't come because they are working; but after parent teacher conferences, where they told me they can't send homework home with students because only 10% of them will bring it back, I understand.  If they held a program in the evening, there may be only 10% of families that would bring the student.  There isn't much parental support here.  I have never been involved in PTO until now, because there were always a HUGE group of women that were involved in it in Rexburg.  I felt like I needed to be involved here, not only to have a voice and know what's going on with my kids, but because there is only me and two other parents that help with everything in the school.  It's busy.





Nolan was chosen to lead everyone in the pledge. He was just telling me that it was sad because he didn't get to read his speech.  The whole class got to vote on who would read their speeches.  His two best friends were picked, and since he was in third place for the number of votes received, he was selected to lead the pledge.  

At the time, though, he came home happy that he was picked third in his class even though he is brand new at the school:)



No comments:

Post a Comment