family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Decking the halls

It's always a trick figuring out how to decorate a new space for Christmas.  I did lots of sewing and creating this Christmas season, and it was a lot of fun!  I made Chair covers for my dining room chairs. The two end chairs I made red and white polka dots and the rest of the chairs green with reindeer on them:



I made a cover for the yellow ottoman and put the village houses on the mantel...:
then I thought about how much the houses made the wall look like a night sky, and how neat it would be to add a sleigh and reindeer to the scene.  So I made this:



Found a place for the Christmas tree:

We made lots of egg ornaments - like ten - and gave most of them away.  I failed to take pictures of those.  I gave a couple to the Harrison's for an ornament exchange and Maddie made some that she gave to her seminary teachers because they saw Harrisons and said that they hoped for some:) Nolan even made a really great one this year! 

We also got Joleen a tree and helped her make decorations for it.  It was a great Christmas season!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, your decorations belong in a magazine. I love the chair covers and the sky thing you did. What talent!

    ReplyDelete