family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Aunt Mary's Funeral

December 8th I headed to Utah for Aunt Mary's funeral.  I always loved my Aunt Mary and her kind ways and soft spoken voice, and didn't want to miss it.  Katie, mom and dad were going too.  Katie was bringing David and Gideon, so I decided to bring Nolan and ride with them.  We had such a good time visiting and laughing, and the boys had a great time, too! 

Mom and Dad tried to caravan with us, but it was hard to keep track of each other since they don't have a cell phone.  We tried the notes in windows and such, but at one point Nolan really needed to use the bathroom and we couldn't get up beside them to show them a note.  Katie finally told me to pull off at the next exit and we would catch up to them later.  We couldn't find them until two hours later when we were stopped in rush hour traffic and Katie happened to see them. We soon lost them again, however.  Which wasn't too serious since we were staying in different places.  They stayed with mom's brother, David, and Katie and I stayed with Aunt Linda.

On the way through Salt Lake, we decided to stop at Temple Square and show the boys the lights:

David, Nolan and Gideon





Then we drove to Orem and ate and visited at Kelly and David Knowles house. It's always so good to see them! 

The next morning we noticed that there was a citation under the wind shield wiper from the night before because we had evidently parked in the wrong place at temple square. Katie and I are quite the pair navigating the city!!

The funeral was perfect.  I wish I had gotten more pictures and had gotten to stay longer and talk to more relatives.  Hearing about Aunt Mary made me want to try harder to be a more present, imaginative mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment