Currently Kami is in the throes of trying to figure out where to go to college. She says that she is leaning towards BYU in Provo, but wants to ponder about it a little more before she really accepts a spot there. Problem is, she doesn't have much pondering time. I don't remember my Senior year being this busy! This is what she has going this year:
1. Last year Kami convinced Caden to try out for the Bel Cantos school choir so that they could be in it together for her Senior year. Then Caden convinced Kami to try out for a show choir of just 12 kids, four kids per part, called Vocal Spectrum. They both made it, Kami as an alto and Caden as a bass!!! I absolutely LOVE going to their concerts and being able to see both of them up there at the same time.
2. Student Body President - here are a few pictures that I took of her at one of the assemblies I attended:
A couple of her student council friends that were still hanging around after the assembly; Sarah Crawford and Hailee Hammond:
l-r: Taylor, Kami, Sam, Brady, Andrew, Caleb, Ellie, Daylen, and Matt
l-r: Andrew, Matt, Taylor, Kami, Brady, Ellie, Caleb, Addie, Sam, Daylen
4. She has been helping at 6:00 am with Distinguished Young Women and Mr. Madison. Luckily they alternate days...
5. She just performed again last weekend at the Distinguished Young Women program:
She went, a few weeks ago, to help the girls get ready for their talent portions of the program and was surprised to learn that another girl was playing the piece that she had ready for it. So...she had to try to polish up another song, Warsaw Concerto, in three weeks time with everything else that she had going on. It wasn't her best performance, but she looked beautiful:)
6. She just had her last orchestra concert of the year because she isn't taking orchestra this last trimester. She was pretty sad and says she misses that part of her day so much! She was the second chair all year, but says that she didn't deserve to be there and that "Mr. Hansen just likes me a lot".
fThe whole orchestra:
7. She and five of her closest friends traveled over to Boise weekend before last for State Basketball. They were there a couple of nights and had a great time together and made some great memories. What a great group of girls; I love them all!:
l-r: Chloe, Kami, Hailee, Maryn, Carli, Annie
l-r: Annie Stoddard, Maryn Tueller, Kami and Hailee Hammond
When the boys won a game by one point in the last second she sent me this picture:
They got soooo much sleep, as you can see... Kami said that on this particular night they stayed up until 3:30 talking and stuff and were too tired to get another bed ready so they all crashed right where they were:
8. I always think that when the weekend arrives she will be able to slow down and take it easy a little. Right when I think that, she tells me that she is heading out to practice the organ. She is the ward organist and music specialist, and she doesn't have time during the week to practice, so she does on Saturday. And tries to line up musical numbers on Sundays. This is a stressful calling for a young girl!!
Also, she just quit a job working on Saturdays at a nursing home close to our house, and will soon be starting a job working as a "respite care" person taking care of two little autistic kids.
As you can see, she is a very busy girl! I am happy that some of her activities are wrapping up so that we can enjoy her around the house a little more before she heads out to college.
We are all going to miss her so much!!