family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

A love story

Last week Shawn and I waited for Abram to get dropped off from Kindergarten and rushed over to the High School to hear Kami present her Senior "Project Citizen" report.  She did a great job, but that wasn't what this blog post is about:)  I brought lots of snacks and things to do for the little boys and they were great during the presentation.  On the way home, Abram said, "This has been the WORST day of my life!!"  I thought he was just being dramatic, because he had just been so great for the last hour, and so I teasingly said, "Why?  Because I brought you so many yummy treats to eat?"  He said, " no - I don't want to tell you why....but I guess I will...."

Then he told me that he found out today that the girl he has a crush on doesn't like him anymore.  She likes his best friend Dallas.  He said Dallas told him, and that she even put a note in his cubby that said that she didn't like him anymore.  His heart was crushed.  He said that all the way home from Kindergarten he sat with his eyes closed so that everyone would think he was asleep:(

When we got home I sat and snuggled him for about an hour, and after he finally decided to let Shawn in on it all, Shawn told him about times that he had his heart broken;)

Then Shawn took him outside and fixed his bike tire and after riding his bike all afternoon, Shawn heard him say, "This is the BEST day of my life!!!"  Shawn said, "well that was a quick recovery!"

The next day Abram came bouncing in the door and was literally hopping up and down with a big smile on his face.  I asked him if McKenna was nice to him today?  He said, "Yes!  She told me she likes me again!!" I wonder how she'll feel tomorrow;)

Abram is so funny - he has written notes to this girl all year long.  I don't think I even know how many, but I have seen a few samples lying around:

"McKenna, I hope you have a good day"

Isabelle saw the above picture and said, "Is she taller than you?"  Abe said, "No, I just wanted to make her feel good":)

Before Valentine's day, Abram said, "I'm trying to decide if I am going to have a Valentine this year."  Around here there are kids who ask someone to be their Valentine and then they get each other something on Valentines Day.  Shawn told him, "I don't know - I think you're probably a little young for that..."

I may get into trouble for putting this into the family history because he is actually pretty private about this whole thing - but I thought it was pretty sad/cute. (In other words, if you know him, don't ask him about this!!)

5 comments:

  1. What a sweetie. Pretending he had his eyes closed....makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute story! My heart was breaking as I was reading it because I love that Abram so much! I'm so glad it had a happy ending ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I feel like I'm missing out on getting to know that amazing kid! Thank heaven for your blog so I can learn about a lot of his cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and that is the cutest love story ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. and that is the cutest love story ever!!!

    ReplyDelete