family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Thursday, December 28, 2017

First re-upholstery project

I really liked our brown ottoman, but it was wearing out and needed reupholstered. I took it to a place that would do it, but they told me they couldn't get to it for quite awhile and that it would cost $350.00.  I already had the vinyl and had decided to try it myself but hadn't known how to go about it and had been putting it off.  When the family left for the Halloween Carnival, Caden said, "Let's work on this!"  Then he proceeded to pull the old covering off.  So, I started sewing all the pieces together and Caden figured out how to recover the buttons.  We reused all of the tacks and had the ottoman this far in a matter of hours:



By the end of the next day it was finished.  And I only worked on it when I had an hour or so:



I am so happy with how it turned out; it is going to look fantastic with my blues once I get some more yellow in the room!  I am so glad that Caden got the ball rolling! In the end, I had spent $12 for the vinyl and that was all that it cost. And it was surprisingly easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment