family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, February 11, 2018

January things

The first day of January was spent at my parents house with lots of cousins.  We were all feeling the need for a little exercise when we first arrived there, so we all hiked over to the Elk feeding station.  It was beautiful and the kids found an icy hill that they slid down.  This made me inwardly cringe a little bit because I just knew that Caden would fall and break something right before he was supposed to report to the MTC.  Luckily that didn't happen!

Isabelle and Nolan:
Isabelle and Ann Bradford:
Nolan, Jonathan Kerns and David Farber:
Micah Bradford, Katie and Gracie Farber:
Caden, Eli and Ila:
I didn't get pictures of everyone.  The view of the valley below:


After Caden went to the temple, we tried to get him to as many temples as possible before he left.  Shawn's Uncle Bill passed away and was going to have a graveside service in Rexburg, so we drove to Rexburg, and while Shawn and the kids went to the service, Caden, Eli and I finished shopping for mission clothes and *tried* to go to the Idaho Falls temple, only to discover that it was closed:(

We stayed with Terry and Kristi and their family while there, and that was fun.

The servers at the funeral luncheon; l-r: Kristi, Isabelle, Ainsley, Maddie, Ellie and Abby:
Eli Anderson, Nolan, Sam and Isaac Anderson, Abram:
Pace and Hazel Anderson:
Kristi and Shawn with Hazel and Pace:
The trip was really fast, we got there late Friday night and left after sacrament meeting on Sunday.  The kids saying goodbye after church:
Last time for Eli to see Caden for two years:
Pace and a little girl, Anjoleen Hart, that I watch on Wednesdays:

While shopping for mission clothes, Caden told me that he had hoped we could sew some "original" ties.  He and Eli helped pick out fabric and then Caden helped me figure out a pattern and did all the ironing while I sewed.  It was a happy thing to do with him and I am glad that he will have a reminder of me to wear every day on his mission.  They turned out great!:

inside of the ties:

Shawn and I went to my friend Jan Leonard's birthday party:
She is one of my best friends in Pendleton and whenever we are at the gym at the same time, we exercise together.  You would never guess that SHE JUST TURNED 80!!!!! She looks and moves much younger.  Her son was also Kami and Caden's branch president before they left and he and his wife were so good to our kids!

Before we knew it, Caden's farewell was looming.  Moving here, it was kind-of hard for me that we didn't all go to the same ward.  Kami and Caden attended the singles branch because there was no one their age in the ward, but as a result, no one in our ward even knows my older kids.  And it's nice when your ward family knows your family, you know?!??  So the kids only had farewells at the branch.  We had family come for the event, Caden gave a great talk, and then we all came to the house for a luncheon:

Caden and Emmie:
adding Gracie:

Steve and Pace:
Jim:
Ivy and Joseph:
Maddie, Gracie in back, Ethan, Margie and Kilynn Waite:
Marilyn:
Dad and mom:
Me and two of my sisters:
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment