family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, February 25, 2018

A week in pictures

Abram was helping me carry in groceries last Saturday and dropped a can on his toe.  He limped around clear until Wednesday before the pressure eased up and it didn't hurt any more:



No school Monday, so Maddie made a whole bunch of treasure hunts for the kids with questions like, "Babies are birthed in hospitals, tables are birthed in __________________"  The kids raced for the garage where Shawn built the table.   I didn't see all of her clues, but they made the kids think and I thought they were clever. Not to mention it entertained the kids for hours and they loved it! This is them finding a clue in the downstairs fireplace:


This week when I watched Anjoleena, Pace wanted to read books in the "hideout":

Shawn walks to work and back every day even though he works clear across town just so that he gets more exercise every day.  It works out great because he can walk the kids to the bus stop every morning on his way. Pace and I like to curl up in the front room chair and watch everyone leave the house for the day. Pace hasn't been very happy in the morning lately, and it's fun to snuggle and get him a little more happy before we go get ready:

We got a little snow this week, and Pace spent an hour or two shoveling the sidewalk with a dust pan because I wasn't sure where the snow shovels were.  That tells you how much snow we've received this year:
hours of entertainment:)

I felt my day was ruined on Thursday when Nolan brought me his scout shirt and a lot of badges that needed sewn on.  I have a bad attitude about scouting and ESPECIALLY scout uniforms.  I guess I need to reform.  He told me everything needed to be done for pack meeting that night:

Both of the boys were supposed to bring a cake to the meeting and I had A LOT  more fun helping them with that. First they baked their own cakes, and my recipe book had a whole different look when they finished with it!:D




I got to spend some good, quality time with them:


They were pretty pleased with their finished products:

We had a busy, but wonderful Sabbath.  Shawn spoke in sacrament meeting and I taught Relief Society.  I was able to get two investigators to come to church by offering to pick them up, and after church, we fed the sister missionaries, so I invited the investigators to come to dinner, as well. 

Kitty Soderburg, Isabelle and Maddie:

Anjoleena, Joleen, Sister Stratford and Sister Paz:

Maddie finds uniquely beautiful napkin folds and makes our table look so elegant:

2 comments:

  1. Oh my heavens, those scout cakes are so cute. I love the twinkie beds. Also great that you're so involved with missionary work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You totally amaze me! I'm so glad to hear that you have a bad attitude about scout patches. They are the WORST!!! As if scouts wasn't bad enough, they make their patches out of inch-thick-bullet-proof-titanium!

    ReplyDelete