family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Thinking about Halloween

This year thinking about Halloween makes me feel tired.  It's coming right up and I'm not even entirely sure what all of the kids will wear for costumes!

Some years, I am energized by Halloween because I think of costume ideas that I am so excited about!  We've had some that I have posted about in the past, but here are some that I was just thinking about; a couple that I have never posted:)  Something about Maddie's curly strawberry blond hair has always inspired me to think up costumes for her.  Here she is as Shirley Temple when she was 2 or 3:


Shawn as Napoleon Dynamite - I still can't believe that my handsome husband can look like that! He is such a good actor and completely pulled it off- he grew out his naturally curly hair just for the occasion. (That was such a fun costume and Halloween!!!):




Kami as Cruella Devil:) I only had to spray the black side of her hair - I can't believe her hair used to be this blonde!!!

Maddie as Syndrome:

+Maddie as Lucille Ball:


 She could be the girl from Brave with her curly long hair and if we made it a little more red...

3 comments:

  1. Those were definitely some very inspired costumes. You really nailed them all. Costuming used to be a bit more fun when there were only one or two to figure out but it isn't something I seem to get excited about any more. You and Mom have the gift though! Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I showed this post to Anne and she looked at the picture of Kami and just assumed it was Kylie. She's right. They do look a lot alike here! Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say the same thing!!! Joseph saw this post first and called Kilynn over and asked her who the girl in the first picture was. She said, "Kiley!" I agree, her face looks just like Kiley!
    This is really just the best post ever. Those costumes are all PERFECT!
    I saw this post last week and was so excited to see the picture of Maddie as Lucy again and was very disappointing that it wasn't on here. I'm glad you added it!She made the cutest Shirley Temple and the perfect Syndrome too. You sure do a great job with costumes for being such a Halloween Angel.

    ReplyDelete