family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The things they say volume 7

A few nights ago at dinner we had a conversation starter that said, "Tell everyone what your personality is like."  During Shawn's turn, one of the things that he said was that he is compassionate.  Some of the younger kids asked what that was, and we explained that it was when you could understand how people were feeling, and that you can feel badly for them in their circumstances, etc.

When it got to be Isabelle's turn she said, "I am compassionate because when Nolan hits me back I know what he feels like!!"  Then she broke into peals of laughter because she knew she was being silly. (And we were all laughing too!)

Abram is quite the story teller!  We have been working with him on whether or not things that he says have happened or if they were just in his imagination.  One morning he ran a whole bunch of errands with his dad.  Shawn said that the whole way he was telling one incredible whopper after another.  Finally, mostly in jest, Shawn said, "Hey Abram...do you know what the scriptures say about liars?"

Without thinking about it, and WE HAVE NO IDEA WHERE HE HEARD THIS?!  He said, "Yeah, they say that liars will be crushed down to hell!"

I have a bath tub in our master bathroom that I often bathe my little boys in because it's handy to keep an eye on them while I get ready in the mornings.  Not too long ago we had a pest control guy come spray at the house.  Before we left, Abram was carrying his bath toys out of my bathroom.  I asked him what he was doing, and he said, "Mom, I didn't want that man to think that you were playing with these toys!!"

Yep.  That would be pretty mortifying and I'm glad he spared me from that!!

1 comment:

  1. Those are so cute and funny! I especially liked Abram watching out for your reputation that way. Good thing he remembered for you and saved you that embarrassing moment! Heidi

    ReplyDelete