family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Monday, July 25, 2011

Two suprises from Caden (in one day)

Friday while we were at our local library, Caden approached me and asked me to come to the front desk because he wanted to get his own library card and an adult has to consent to it.  (This is just in case you don't want your kids to get into reading, I think.)  I had to give the librarian my signature on several things, and then she asked to see my library card.  Caden had just taken it out of my purse that morning and neither of us had put it back.  I said, "Oh!  Caden, we're going to have to sign up for it another day."  But then- this was his first surprise of the day - he said, "Wait!  I think I might know the identification number on your card!" He then squinted up his eyes , while he thought really hard, and spieled off a 14 digit identification number.  And the number was right!  The librarian and I were both shocked!  I asked him how he knew that number and he said that he had looked at it before.  Well, I was pretty impressed, because I do not remember numbers- even when they're telephone numbers of good friends that  I talk to regularly.  I'm pretty bad that way, so I was very impressed with his memory in that regard.

That night we took the kids to the movie Cars 2 at the drive- in movie.  Afterwards, we were just turning onto the main road, and accelerating to get home to a very late bed time, when we heard something fall off of the top of the car.  (The top of the car is where half of our kids watch the movie on top of fold-up mattresses and sleeping bags.)  Shawn said, "What was that?!?!"  Caden exclaimed, "That was my library book!"

Let's just say that I relate to this kind of memory a lot better!

4 comments:

  1. That story is hilarious! Did you go back and try and find the book? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and luckily the book was O.K.although it narrowly missed being hit by a car as we were turning around to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad he's good at numbers. It comes in handy a lot, especially with phone numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's incredible that he could remember that long of a number! Does he have a photographic memory?
    -Ivy

    ReplyDelete