family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Creative crochet

Maddie has really been into crocheting.  She even got a crochet book from the library and learned a few more things from it.  One of them was something about how to crochet in circles.  She got going and was doing pretty well at first, but then something went awry.  In classic Maddie-Pollyanna- fashion she turned her moment of frustration into something wonderful. She said, "Oh well!  This could be a nose warmer!!"  I'm thinking that she could sale these like pancakes this winter! (Ha ha.)


This girl keeps me laughing with the funny things she says and does.  Yesterday she was on duty watching a very crabby Abram while I made dinner.  After much painstaking effort on her part, she finally got him happy.  Not long afterwards, Isabelle and Nolan came downstairs and started poking him and trying to play with him and he was beginning to get upset all over again.  Maddie promptly told them, "Leave him alone!  He has a personal bubble!!"

4 comments:

  1. She could make little pig/cow noses and sell them at a farmers market. Those would have to be more comfortable than a plastic one. Way to be creative Maddie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this a couple of days ago and I have been laughing about it ever since. I thought about this in the middle of the night last night when I couldn't sleep and got the giggles!
    -Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about this again last night as we were camping. I had Sarah cuddled up next to me and couldn't put my head under the blankets because she didn't like the blankets over her. My face and especially my nose got so cold. I definitely could have used one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maddie would probably be thrilled to make you one, but you should probably forewarn you family before wearing it, in case they wake up in the night and think you have some strange bird beak. :)

    ReplyDelete