family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bear legs

As we were driving home from the Carousel a little while ago, Maddie began lamenting that people are really beginning to notice her hairy legs.   Having been an Amazon woman myself, once upon a time, I could totally relate with her pain.  I asked her who had been noticing and she said, "Everyone!  Most recently Gracie Bair.  We were sitting in church and she said, "whoa! You have a lot more hair than me!"  (I did mention that she could wear her tights that she has been refusing to wear during the summer.)

 I asked her what she says when people comment on it, and she said, "I just tell them that at least it helps keep my fair skin from getting sunburned!"  We all burst out laughing, and she said, "What?!  It's the only thing that I can think to say that people will be jealous about!"  We all laughed harder, and then Isabelle said, "Why don't you just tell Gracie Bair that maybe you should be the bear?"

1 comment:

  1. I have been reading your blog but can't ever comment we will see how this one goes. You always have fun posts to read. Sadie can relate to Maddie.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete