family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Some of MY activities

Lately I have been working around the house or yard and I look up to see Shawn taking a picture of me.  I think it's impressive to him when I take over doing jobs that he has traditionally done in the past.  He is so busy, though, that out of necessity I have taken some of them over.  I really hesitated about doing this.  I mean, will he always and forever more expect me to do these tasks (that I don't enjoy much at all) just because he knows that  I can do them now?  Well anyway, they needed doing, so I decided to quit playing helpless female and get them done.;)


This is me rototilling up a sparse planting of grass so that we could start all over.:(  This weekend Shawn got it all raked again, and I replanted.  Now,  I realize that the state of our grass may not be of interest to anyone but us, but we have finally figured out a system and it is coming up great!  And by golly, next year we will have some fairly good grass that should only get better from there!  Projects that take a lot of time and effort can be so overwhelming, but nothing beats the feeling of accomplishment that comes at the completion of them.  Nothing!!  We always have a gazillion projects going on around here, maybe because of that feeling of accomplishment, but I have also noticed that our marriage thrives on projects.  We love them and working and dreaming together on what to do next.
 

This is me pressure- washing our front porch that is a magnet to all the exposed dirt and mud around here. I actually quite enjoy that job.

This is Caden and I this last weekend finallly cleaning out the garage.  I was worried about tackling the garage because then  I knew that Shawn wouldn't know where any of his tools were.   I told Caden that he would be asking me for years to come where a certain tool was and all that  I would be able to say would be "draw me a picture of it" because I don't know all of his tools by name.

But, like I said, Shawn has been so busy, and when he's home I like him to help with the yard.  Who knew when this garage cleaning would be a priority?  So Cade and I finally got everything out of boxes and found a home for everything, and bought organizers for everything that didn't have a home and it feels so good!`

I must say, that it was nice to find all these pictures on the camera, because some days you forget everything that you get done, and feel like you haven't accomplished much.  Maybe I'll assign my kids to follow me around the house one day and take pictures of all that I do. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment