family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The way things go from a child's perspective

I  was cleaning out a drawer this morning and found a book that Isabelle wrote and illustrated earlier in the year.  I thought that I had better put it on my blog before I can no longer figure out what it says.  They get past the phonetic spelling phase so quickly!  This book is titled : Princess Book, and was written for me and Shawn:

When do you think the princess will come out, because  I wonder.  Tell me.  Oh, tell me!!


When the princess would, she found a prince.


Then they got in love.


Then they had to get married, (Had to??!!) so they got married (no picture for that page.)
Then they had kids.

But that year, later, their house got burned down.


So they had to build a castle.  (What a sacrifice!) They did.
This is a castle still in the building phase.

That day, later, they had a baby.

It came out. (She had to add that little detail because of the picture before of the pregnant princess.)


(At this point Isabelle ran out of steam illustrating her book, but luckily the story part was written first and because I know you are waiting with bated breath to hear how it turns out, I will add her ending.)

Then the first baby got married.  They loved each other. So they had a baby.  The end.

She left a couple of pages at the end to tell about herself:  "The author has short hair and when she wrote it she was 5.  Her name is Isabelle.

2 comments:

  1. THis is great and demonstrates a great understanding of the facts of life. :). Love the stories about Maddie too. Suzette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute. It's interesting to see what goes on in her mind with her writings.
    -Ivy

    ReplyDelete