family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Waiting for release

I don't have many pictures from these days of Shawn being bishop:


Mostly because we didn't see much of him!;) But the boys made a point of visiting his office after church to raid his candy drawer.

I do need to record that after Shawn took the job in Pendleton, in February, he had to drive home every weekend because of his bishop responsibilities.  The stake presidency told him they didn't want him to feel like he had to do this, but there were people that needed to see him and stuff.  Weeks went by and we kept expecting that every week would be his last week as bishop, but then it never was.

FINALLY at the end of April, he was released.  Mike Bressler, who was serving in the Stake Presidency, was called to be bishop.  This was PERFECT!  There were so many incredibly good men in our ward, but none of them had seemed like the right fit somehow.  And no one even considered Mike because of where he was serving!  The Stake Presidency said that they had a hard time figuring it out for that reason, too.  So that is what took so long.

We wondered if we would be sad when Shawn was released.  One of Shawn's siblings asked him if he was happy or sad, and Shawn said he was both.   I can only say that I was happy!  Pace was getting really hard for me to control myself, and needed a dad sitting with us on the bench!  It has been SO GREAT to get to sit with him again.

Our ward and neighbors had a going away party for us, which I missed because I was sick.  But it was really touching all the kind things that people said and how genuinely sad they were to see us go.  They gave us a picture of the Rexburg temple, and everyone signed the back and wrote kind notes.

I would have loved to get pictures of everyone to remember them all by...I did have a friend send me these of the kids from that day:


I loved the good friends they had in the ward: l-r Madeline Bressler, Shaunae Green, Peter Bressler, Caden, Maddie


No comments:

Post a Comment