family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Friday, October 7, 2016

Senior year

 I am beginning to realize that when boys go to dances, it's not as exciting as when girls go to dances.  And it's not just the pretty dresses vs. a suit thing.  Because I actually like to figure out ties and vests and even sometimes sew them and stuff. It's that when boys go on dates, you don't ever see the date.  You just see the boy leave to pick up his date.  The mother with the daughter gets all the fun of taking pictures of the two kids and seeing them take off together.  Last year I always asked Kami's dates for their mom's cell number and then texted them pictures.  Not because I realized they were missing out, but because I knew they'd like to see the pictures I got!  They were always so excited, and now I know why. I just wish someone would do that for me this year...:(

This year for the homecoming dance I made the corsage for Caden's date, using almost exclusively flowers and foliage from my yard!



So that was about all the fun I got out of the evening, since I never even got to see the girl!  Good thing it's a girl's choice dance next:)

1 comment: