family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Friday, October 7, 2016

A surprise visit

The weekend of Isabelle's half time cheering, I just got the feeling that Kami was going to surprise us and come home.  I had the kids help clean up and even whipped up a yummy dessert... just in case.

I had heard that a boy in the ward was coming home, and knew when he was leaving, and thought that Kami would hitch a ride with him.  However, the time came and went for when he would have arrived.  I started texting Kami.  Didn't sound like she was coming.  I was SOOOO disappointed!!

We all went to the football game, which was a really exciting game, albeit rainy and freezing cold - and watched Isabelle perform at half time.  She was darling.  The boys were freezing cold after half time, so we ran them home.  But the game was so good, that Shawn and I decided to go back to see how it ended.  The boys went to bed, and Maddie and Belle stayed to watch a movie.

When Shawn and I got home I was FREEZING!!  I went into my room to get on a warm bathrobe. I was feeling sad that Kami didn't come home and - jeesh! - she didn't even call.

 Then Maddie started calling to me from out in the hall.  She came into my closet and said, "So who won?"  We had already texted back and forth about who won, so it was kind-of annoying that she was asking what she already knew... I didn't look up as I answered her. (Turns out she was just grasping for a way to get me to turn around, that didn't work)  Then another voice said, "so Madison won, huh?!!" I looked up and squealed really loud, "KAMI!!!!!!" Kami says my eyes were huge with surprise.  My cousin Kellie ended up giving her a ride home  (thanks again Kellie!!!) and she had come home while we were gone and surprised the girls while they were watching the movie.

IT WAS SOOOOO GOOD TO SEE HER!!! WE ALL MISSED HER SO MUCH!!!!

The downside was that after we said our hellos she said, "well I can't really talk until I get two papers turned in that are due by midnight."  So we impatiently waited until she was done and then stayed up too late talking...

Caden took these pics of Kami and I before she left.  I love them.  They show her sweet, easy-going, calm, classy personality, and the adoration and love I feel for this girl!



She had a great visit, and fit a lot in to her short weekend home.  Getting together with her besties for lunch:

And making it to all of the kids Saturday morning soccer games:)  I can't wait until next time!

1 comment:

  1. What an exciting surprise! I absolutely adore the last black and white picture. You are both stunningly beautiful and it shows a wonderful Mother-daughter relationship. That one needs to be framed and hung on your wall for sure!

    ReplyDelete