family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Saturday, October 22, 2016

a whole lot of Halloween

Kami set me all up with instagram before she left for college, because she wanted to see more of what is going on at home.  I haven't been as good about blogging since then... Here's a quick catch up:

I set aside the 22nd for Halloween parties.  I like to throw parties, but I don't like having a lot of them hanging over my head, so I had all of the kids party in one day.  First Abe had a party from 1:30-4:00 with his friends.

l-R: Dallas, Trey, Abram, Maddox and Connor:

Then Nolan got home from scouts and had a party from 4:15-6:15.
l-r: Bryce Wilson, Burke Neville, Nick Roberts, Nolan, Adam Peterson and Peyton Sharp

For the boy's parties they decorated sugar cookies and made lollipop ghosts, and ate a lot of food. Then I took them downstairs and had them feel eyeballs, cat's teeth, a witch's tongue, brains, shriveled up ears, and bony fingers.  I told them spooky stories to go with it all.  Then Nolan or Abe, depending on who wasn't having a party at the time, jumped out and scared everyone.  They boys also had made a small haunted house in the basement:) I've already forgotten what else we did, but they also spent a lot of time running around and playing.

At 6:00, Isabelle and Maddie's friends showed up.
l-r: Grace Griffith, Ella Bjorn, Emma Gilbert, Isabelle, and Brinley Stewart:
Maddie's friends l-r: Maddie Fryar, Madi McNair, Paige Nielson, Emma Nelson, Emilee Cheney, Kamri Stevenson, Mariah Rigby and Maddie Gee:
I had plans for the girls to watch Halloween movies and paint pumpkins and nails, but they kept themselves so entertained that all they did that I had planned was eat lots of food!  Although, Maddie's group DID end up watching an old movie, 'Wait Until Dark' with Audrey Hepburn in it, and it scared them to death.  Good times.  I loved having all of the friends over!

3 comments:

  1. You are ambitious! That sounds exhausting, but so fun for the kids. What a good Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are ambitious! That sounds exhausting, but so fun for the kids. What a good Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete