family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

skills for a lasting marriage and proper humility

We were just experiencing some HUGE snowflakes outside!! Isabelle, Nolan and Abram decided that they needed to hurry outside and enjoy them, and Isabelle was helping Abram to bundle up in his snow clothes.  I kept hearing her say, "No, your boots are on the wrong feet...switch your boots to the right feet... Abram, you need to put your boots on the right feet!!"  Abram was being his usual independent self, and was just fine with the way his boots were, so Isabelle tried a different tactic.  With a wheedling, sweet little voice she said, "Abram, what if you get married and your wife is like, "You are wearing your shoes on the wrong feet.  I don't think that I want to be married to you any more!!" Abram just kept his boots on the wrong feet and gave her a blank stare - perhaps that is a little too far down the road for him to think about?! But good attempt, Isabelle - it gave those of us listening a good laugh:) I hope I can sleep tonight what with the worrying that he will still be having a hard time with his shoes by the time he is a marriageable age! If he is, I hope he has a more understanding wife...and I hope she is able to over-look it ALL while they are dating.

The other night around the dinner table, I was bragging Nolan up by telling everyone about how well he is doing in Kindergarten.  I mentioned that he gets 100% on all of his long comprehensive tests! Everyone said something like, "Wow, Nolan!  Good job!!" Then Nolan said, very casually, "Yeah, and I didn't even pray to do well on those tests..."

3 comments:

  1. I had to read this to Kevin and Micah when they heard me laugh.
    The other day that I spent catching up on your blog I told Kevin about Kami's Valentine's Day service. He was very impressed and touched by the story too, and later at the dinner table he had me retell it for the kids' benefit. It led to a very good discussion. She ought to write about that and send it to the New Era or something. Heidi

    ReplyDelete