family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Random things...

Maddie was a cat in her class "science musical" a couple of weeks ago.  She had a few early morning practices and discussed it quite a bit while it was going on. We bought a copy of the recorded play and she has been excited for us to sit down and watch it with her again:)


This kid plays so hard that he has been crashing at around 4:00 every afternoon.  Cute little bat boy Abram.


I finally got the first year of my blog published and I think someone has been reading it almost every second since it arrived in the mail - so worth it! There is so much that I had already forgotten about and it has motivated me to be a better recorder of what is going on in our family.  I am excited to get 2012 done next!!

Often, when I go into Kami's room there is a new picture sitting on her art easel.  This is one of my favorites that she has actually had for awhile - a self portrait!  She is such a talented young lady - I was telling Shawn that if she had lived in Pride and Prejudice times (and was rich!) she would be quite a catch because she'd be considered such an "accomplished lady".  He said, "she's quite a catch in our time!!"  Her grandma Gee has been teaching her how to teach piano by having her do all the teaching of Isabelle while she observes.  Yesterday they went to a piano teacher's workshop and Marilyn bought her a whole slew of piano teaching books that she has been pouring over and explaining to me all day.  She is pretty excited about it! She is so lucky to have such an accomplished grandma who is willing to teach her all of these piano skills!!

4 comments:

  1. That is a great self-portrait. I really like the eyes. She totally captured the way they smile and sparkle when she smiles. Awesome job Kami.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love Kami's self portrait!. I need to get my blog post put in a book too and haven't done. Now I am frustrated because all of my pictures from before Christmas last year are gone so I am not as excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kami's amazing. She reminds me of someone...who is it? Oh yeah - YOU!
    Those family histories are worth the money (and time and effort and work) aren't they! I'm glad your family loves yours. It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Kami is so amazing! What a good idea to teach Kami how to teach piano! You'll have to let me know what site you used to make your book.

    ReplyDelete