family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Monday, March 25, 2013

rawrrrrrrr!!!!!

Friday morning during family scriptures we saw the snowplow coming to clear the road of the four inches of snow that fell the night before.  We stopped and watched for a minute.  I said, "It looks like he's going to come right up our driveway!" Last minute he turned just a little bit and instead plowed away half of my planting bed beside the road.  Dirt was flying, since he was FIVE FEET off of the road and threw dirt another five.  He paused for a moment, but then apparently decided to continue on his merry way without correcting his course.  I hope it was fun for him- he only took out six sprinklers in our sprinkler system.  Not just the tops of the sprinklers, either.  He went clear down to the pipe part, people. I felt like I had to repent that night for talking about what an idiot he was - not because I felt bad about that part, unfortunately, but because I felt bad about my kids hearing me:)

This doesn't even show the scope of his destruction.  The bolder in the picture is about 12-13 feet from the road.  The driver's boss did come by today and was very nice and actually said that they would try to fix the sprinklers. We will see what happens.

Sunday I hurriedly took the little boys to the bathroom before sacrament meeting started (it's very last right now).  Nolan refuses to go into the ladies bathroom now that he is so very, very old, so I told him to hurry while I took Abram and I would meet him outside his bathroom door when he finished.  I rushed Abram in and out of the bathroom and we hurried over to meet Nolan.  Sure enough, I could hear him in there taking his time - slowly washing his hands, finally getting a paper towel.  The meeting started, so I began knocking on the door and jiggling the handle to get him to hurry up!  After a knocking and jiggling episode I would wait (impatiently) for a moment or two and then do it again.  FINALLY the door opened up...and out stepped a man from another ward (blush, blush).  Nolan had decided, last minute, to use the bathroom on the opposite side of the church...



4 comments:

  1. I certainly hope someone takes responsibility for the destruction! Aarg! As for the bathroom incident, I understand you were probably embarrassed, but that man had no business loitering around in there washing his hands and all that. Someone needed to keep tabs on him. Thank goodness you were there! Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I hope the sprinklers get fixed by those who destroyed them. Sorry that is no fun at all. AND don't get me started on boys and bathrooms they just aren't a good mix at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. That is quite amazing that he went that far off the road and continued on even after noticing what he had done! That would be very frusterating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so funny! I'm sorry about the snow plow incident. Things like that are so aggravating! I hope they keep their promise and fix it!

    ReplyDelete