family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sometimes when you're bored you discover that you can help (destroy?) your older sister's social life...

Yesterday the kids had no school, thanks to a teacher in- service day, so we decided to take care of their piano lessons in the morning instead of in the afternoon.  When I dropped the kids off for lessons I asked Isabelle if she had brought a book to read while all the other lessons were going on.  She said, "No, I couldn't find one. I am going to be boe-ed off my go-ed." (That's how you say "bored off my gourd" when you can't say your R's very well.)

After lessons, Kami came out, and with a tolerant attitude (meaning that she could see the humor in it but was a bit irritated) reported that Isabelle had found something to do to occupy her time...She had spent Kami's 45 min lesson texting as many of Kami's friends as she could! I think Kami was fine with her texting everyone that she had texted.... EXCEPT for her friend Nate- I think that one embarrassed her pretty good.

Kami had texts coming in throughout the day from the friends that hadn't been able to respond right away - And Nate had school, so he answered when school got out. Here were some of the conversations that Isabelle amused herself with:
                     Belle: Hi. I'm Kami's little sister.  I didn't know that Kami could text
                     you. It is really cool.
(She started every text with this same line)
                     Kami's friend Annie: Hi!!!! Which sister is this?????
                     Belle: Isabelle
                     Annie:  Oh how are you??? You are just the cutest!!!!!!
                     Belle: good
                     Annie: haha you are a silly willy!!
                     (no response from Belle)
                     Annie: Isabelle!!!! Kami showed me a picture of you with your
                     glasses, and you are so cute with them!!!!!!!! Do you like
                     them? I got glasses in first grade!

Next conversation:
                     Belle: Hi. I'm Kami's little sister.  I didn't know that Kami could text
                     you. It is really cool!
                     Carli: Hi Kami's little sister!!!

Next conversation:
                     Belle: Hi. I'm Kami's little sister.  I didn't know that Kami could text
                     you. It is really cool!
                     Nate: haha ya it is:) What's your name?

 I think there were even a few other started conversations...
This had me laughing all day long!  I think that Kami is probably pretty grateful that she is the proud owner of this not very up-to-date cell phone:

because it takes so long to get a text out on it that Isabelle couldn't make headway to text very quickly!

 Kami is the awesomest big sister - she gets a kick out of her younger siblings and puts up with the things like this that they do, and has a laugh about it even when she is a little bit annoyed!  (And I am just noticing that the picture she has on her phone is a picture of Abram.)

Anyways, while I'm on the subject of Kami, I ought to report on some of her other goings-on, namely her driving.  She (and her dad) have been working hard on getting enough driving hours in so that she can get her license.  Shawn schedules a couple of hours in every Saturday just to practice driving with her. Since we live in Idaho, she could have her license now (at fifteen) if she had all the hours for it.

Yesterday Caden went to lunch and then rock climbing with the Powell boys, and the little girls went to play with cousins, so Kami and I decided that it would be fun to drive to the next town and get some Easter clothes. (and get her some more driving hours)  We brought Nolan and Abram along and had a great time and successful shopping trip- and she got in 90 more minutes of driving time:)

1 comment:

  1. Well, the important thing is that Isabelle wasn't boe-ed off her go-ed. It's nice she identified herself and didn't pose as Kami. Kami can also be glad Anne isn't her sister. I can see Anne doing something like that and sharing one of her super hilarious, original jokes we all love so : ). Heidi

    ReplyDelete