family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Monday, February 25, 2013

The napping house

Abram has decided that he really likes a mom that takes it easy all day.  Now that  I am beginning to feel a little bit better and am actually standing up once in awhile (I know- pathetic) he comes and gets me and says, "mom, come sit down on the couch and lets snuggle!!"  If he finds me on the couch he takes advantage of the situation and hurries to "snuggle in" with me.

This reminds me of the children's book "The Napping House"
The other day I couldn't keep my eyes open for another minute and settled in for a quick nap. After awhile Abram found me and I  felt him climb onto my back and soon he started twitching.  Shawn walked through sometime during this time and was pretty pleased with the picture he found - in fact, he told me I needed to put it on my blog this morning:)


Abram is an affectionate little boy.  This morning with a mock-dejected face he said, "Mom, I have a sad thing for you:  you haven't given me a kiss and a hug!" We sure enjoy this boy!!  It's moments like these that make up for how ROTTEN he has been at church for the last two weeks...the little cutie:)

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love those pictures! Precious moments!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so precious. Sweet picture, and I hope you are feeling better. That brought back not so pleasant memories of the horrible first semester and the reluctant, but nevertheless constant, relationship with the couch. It's nice you had someone to appreciate it! Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, I don't know why I thought I was keeping up with your blog. I just spent WAY too much times going thru lots of old posts! I've been neglecting responsibilities, but it has been fun! Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can you look perfect even when you are asleep! You are a beauty!

    ReplyDelete