family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, February 10, 2013

I might be eating WAY too much food!!

Well, the cat's out of the bag. Tonight while we were making our weekly family Sunday visit with Shawn's family, there was a little lull in the conversation and Abram said, "My mom is going to have a baby!" My mother-in-law said, "Is this true?" And being put on the spot, I admitted that it was!  We told the three younger kids on Friday night (the three older were told some time earlier because I felt guilty about how lazy I was appearing to them). I am just about finished with my first trimester so figured it was safe to tell the little kids.  I was still hoping that maybe they'd keep it a secret for a little bit longer, but I also knew that once those little ones knew, everyone is going to know! The funny thing is that Abram didn't seem to pay any attention or show any interest in what we were saying, but was the one to suddenly remember and spill the beans!  Nolan was excited, but wanted to be in on the secret a little while.  Isabelle has been so ecstatic that she can't think of or talk about anything else, feels my stomach several times a day, and giggles and exclaims multiple times a day that she can't wait until the end of August!! But she cracks me up because she was also worried about telling anyone.  She said, "Mom, what if we tell people that you're going to have a baby and then we find out that you're just bigger because you're eating way too much food?!?! .... And then we have to tell everyone... that would be so EMBARRASSING!!"

Hmmm...Prepare yourselves for that possibility...  I will do the same:)

 I'm a cautious sort of a person.  I really want to do the right things in this earth life that I'm experiencing and I know that those right things aren't always easy things.  I felt overwhelmed once I had six kids and finally, when  I felt a little bit more on top of things I decided to pray about whether or not there were any more kids for our family.  And sure enough there was! However, I must admit that  I was relieved when month after month went by without anything happening.  But then it really started wearing on me and after a year had gone by like that I told Shawn that I was at least going to lose my two extra pounds that I always have to gain to get pregnant (it had actually turned into four or five but he didn't need to know that:).  I was tired of hanging around in limbo and figured that if I was meant to get pregnant it would happen at any weight.  So I stopped wondering, thinking or considering about being pregnant. I went ahead and lost my weight.

And I just hope this baby turns out OK even with a clueless mother, because not only did I lose some weight it's first month, but in January I fasted for fast Sunday and I could not figure out why I felt so crummy!  (I chalked  it up to my blood sugar issues since I had been eating things I shouldn't through the holidays) I mentioned to Shawn that this felt like a particularly hard fast and I didn't know if I could do it - I was so dizzy, felt so weak and tired and the strangest thing was that even though I could tell I was super hungry NOTHING sounded good to eat!! Usually everything sounds good!! He gave me a funny, questioning sort of look and it dawned on me what he was thinking, but I was so positive that it couldn't be, that  I totally dismissed it.  But then I felt horrible and could hardly choke down dinner. Monday I felt worse.  Tuesday I was flat on my back on the couch trying not to move a muscle so as to hold back the inevitable, or running for the bathroom. I finally saw the obvious and by then I was about six weeks along!  I've been sicker than I have ever been, but it's also clearing up faster than it ever has.  It's been a real blessing that Shawn was able to be home through some of the weeks that  I was at my worst.  And a blessing that when I had the flu on top of it, with a bunch of sick little kids, and he was gone, his sisters brought us dinner those nights!!

Now if everyone will just find out without me having to tell them... I don't enjoy announcing.  I hate seeing  thoughts so plain on people's faces - I feel relief when I see genuine excitement and happiness written there, but for the most part people just aren't excited for #7 - by the time you reach that number they either think you're crazy or it makes them mad- one man said that after you have five you're just showing off to have more!  What?!?! Anyways,  that just seems so sad for number seven.

I content myself with the fact that my little family is super excited  - Kami is determined to have the baby share a room with her...(I may take her up on that from the very night we arrive home from the hospital!!!:) Tonight Abram was talking about his next birthday.  I told him that he wasn't allowed to have another birthday because he'd turn four and that was way too old!! Caden stated that he'd be almost four when we had the baby and then said, "Thank goodness we're having another baby!!" I've been thankful for all of my excited children and friends and for a husband that has his priorities in the right place and really whooped and cheered when I called and told him over the phone.  Because those are the kinds of things that make the hard end of things so much easier and more endurable...until the reward of a fresh, new, sweet little baby at our house!! A new little personality to get to know and enjoy- a new personality that will bless our family in so many ways.  Another little spirit to teach and train that will also bring growth to each of us.



11 comments:

  1. Congratulations Amy!!! I hope you get feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah we are excited for you. This baby is one lucky person to come to your home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are MANY of us who get excited over number 7!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!! I'm so excited for you! You are such wonderful parents, that child will be so lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a little choked up reading this post! I'm so VERY excited for you! I know a little about what your thoughts have been this past little while and I've felt some of the same things as I try to gear up for another child. You are the best mother I've ever had the blessing of knowing and I learn a TON just by watching you. What a lucky little spirit to get to be in your home! Boy how I hate morning sickness! With my last, I felt like I was a crack mom - I was around all the time, but I was pretty much useless. I feel very bad that I'm not closer to you - I owe you a good bathroom cleaning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such good news! My kids are probably more excited than yours :). So extremely happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to all of you for the kind comments. I am not at all surprised at your support, and you are the most important people to us. I'm mighty proud of this wife of mine. And to those who might be thinking, "Seven! What are they thinking?" Here is my advice - Go jump in a lake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay Amy! We are excited about your news! It was so good to talk to you today on the phone. I know you've heard this from me before, but I learn so much about how to be a better person and mother when I talk to you. I need to talk to you more often!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah Hooray! Another cute little Gee baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yahooo! Can't believe I missed this news and this post. Shawn told me last night. So happy for you. And thanks so much for the Valentine's cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!! I am truly excited for you and more than a little jealous!

    ReplyDelete