family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

To be a pioneer...

Happy pioneer day! I thought I'd share these photos of the kids getting into the spirit of things yesterday:)


 I find myself thinking about the pioneers more and more as my life goes on.  I wonder when one of my kids get really sick what the pioneers would have done to get them better. I wonder how the women did it with their husbands gone for years at a time... I wonder all sorts of things about them. The pioneers motivate me and encourage me to have more "pluck" and faith and self sufficiency. I am glad that I don't have to be that kind of a pioneer, though, and that I get to enjoy "modern conveniences"- like good doctors and medicines!


Caden shared this quote by President Monson with us in Family Home Evening last night: "Today most members are not asked to make the same physical sacrifices as the pioneers, but saints in every nation can be "pioneers all" as they meet suffering with courage, inspire faith in others, and do hard things that are necessary to gain eternal salvation and build the kingdom of God on Earth." I hope I can be this kind of pioneer!


Apparently on the way back from this "trek" Kami rode in the wagon and had the kids push her.  Isabelle exclaimed last night that she "knew JUST what it was like to be a pioneer, because that was HARD!!" She is looking over my shoulder right now at the pictures, though, and said, "weren't their wagons a lot bigger than ours?" "Wow! That would be REALLY HARD!!"


1 comment:

  1. A perfect post for Pioneer Day! Darling kids and wagon ;)

    ReplyDelete