family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Joseph and Emma Smith

Shawn was pretty involved with Youth conference this last weekend, and I got to tag along and help out on Saturday:
They had a "walk with Joseph" planned and Shawn and I decided to add a little authenticity and get some costumes from the college.  The kids went to a lot of different stations where they learned more about Joseph Smith and his life - they even got to experience getting tarred and feathered (a dab of hot wax on their arm with feathers on top) At the end of the walk Shawn surprised me by singing a song about Joseph Smith to everyone.  He learned the song on his mission, but I had never even heard it!  Anyways, I thought that was pretty brave of him, it added a lot to the meeting and he did a great job! Then he and I bore our testimonies to end the "walk".

When we got back, we were all waiting for lunch and Shawn got the kids going on the "stick pull". You just can't talk about Joseph Smith without doing that!
Eli came to youth conference since he was here visiting. Here he is pulling Tad.
Spencer was the best stick puller out of the boys, and after he'd challenged everyone, Shawn couldn't resist joining in the fun:

I guess he still has what it takes!
This seemed to be a great youth conference.


2 comments:

  1. What a fun and memorable experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, this is Jennifer Waite (Shurtleff)I just found your blog! You look great! And you have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete