family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Drives and runs

Kami's summer has been busy with driver's ed!!??! (Here is a good side-ways shot that I can't get to turn around:)
This driver's ed was quite the summer commitment, but I can't wait to have another driver! It's gotten to where I can't get everyone where they need to be single-handedly.   I have to ask who wants to be late when the kids have simultaneous activities.

Kami has also been training for cross country, which has been another big time commitment!  She started in on that a couple of weeks after school let out, went easy a couple of weeks while she got one of her feet feeling better, and has been running stronger and longer since then.  I wish that I had gotten a picture of her running with her cousin, Emma Gee. They went running all one week together, but Emma was going at 6:00 a.m. and Kami likes to go in the evening.  Plus, Emma is an AMAZING runner and Kami was afraid that she would slow her down. Shawn's Uncle Kerry wrote up an individualized training program for Kami that she has been following and includes long runs, hill runs and interval runs at the track.

The little kids like going to the track, and the first day, Isabelle surprised me by running two miles without stopping! Not bad for an almost seven year old! I was impressed.  This is what she looked like afterwards:
 This is everyone after they ran:)

Kami, Maddie, Isabelle, Nolan, and Eli
When we got home, I realized why Isabelle had been so interested in running so far. You see, on the way there Nolan had accidentally dropped a few drops of water on her from a water bottle. Isabelle lost her temper and doused him with the very full water bottle IN THE CAR!  I was speechless. She can really get into a rage sometimes!! After some thought, though, I told her that  I thought it would be fitting for her to be doused with some water when we got home to "help cool off her temper"!  So she ran all that way to get nice and heated up for the event:)
She was a great sport!:)

I have been on almost every run with Kami - not running myself, but keeping an eye on her because I am one of those over-protective moms.  Many times I have a car load of kids with me.  I love this picture from my phone of all the kids starting out on a run with Kami and Eli when he was here:


Eli is such an AWESOME uncle! He ran every day with Kami and she absolutely loved it!

3 comments:

  1. I CAN BARELY RUN 2 MILES WITHOUT STOPPING!!!!! Your kids are amazing!! All of them!!! Can't wait to see them (and you!) soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is incredible that she ran two miles without stopping!! I definitely wouldn't be able to do that right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Great site! I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on to ask if you would please consider adding a link to my website. I'd really appreciate if you could email me back.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete