family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Our Fourth

I was so excited to get to church today and see that we were going to sing "The Star Spangled Banner" and "The Battle Hymn Of The Republic" even though the fourth of July has come and gone!  I always feel so patriotic and can't sing the songs without getting a little bit choked up!

I thought I would just give a quick review of our fourth.  It was great!  We went to the parade in the morning and were thrilled to see that it was SO much better than last years! (Perhaps part of that was due to the fact that Caden, my niece Ellie, Maddie and Suzette were all in it:) Caden and Ellie were in the marching band, and I couldn't locate them fast enough to take a picture.  Maddie and Suzette were in it for "Hello Dolly" (the play that they will be performing this weekend!)




After the parade, Jim, Marilyn and Suzette came with us up to Teton Canyon where we had a picnic


and then went on a hike.

climbing a huge boulder along the way

I came upon some pretty cute hikers:


these two are such good friends-i love it!
We finished the hike by wading to cool off our hot feet:

And of course, we ended the day by going and watching the fireworks, and getting home way too late!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at Jim I somehow saw Maddie. They must be related. Heidi

    ReplyDelete