family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Afternoons

Ahhh... Sunday afternoons. I am so grateful to have early church again so that we can enjoy Sunday afternoons!!! The last two weeks everyone was so worn out that we all ended up having a long nap, but today was such an enjoyable family day.


We were all involved in one project or another in what seems to be our unofficially appointed gathering place: the kitchen. I love it so much when we are all together!


The projects all began when we decided to make some homemade Valentines for out new adopted grandma in our ward. (She asked Isabelle is she wanted to sit by her a few weeks ago, and Isabelle surprised me by nodding enthusiastically and heading right up to her bench. She asked Isabelle if she would like to call her grandma - so that's how that has gotten started.)

Then the kids started putting crayon shavings between waxed paper and ironing the paper and then cutting the waxed paper into hearts. They look great against a window with the light shining through:
After that, Kami started doing red "glitter nails" -She paints her nails with clear polish and then puts glitter all over them (She learned this from her Aunt Jodi). Everyone else started creating one thing or another using glitter:
I made some Valentine sugar cookies, which Nolan decorated, and we took them visiting.

But this is the best part:

Doesn't he look comfortable? (He moved into the kitchen so that we could hear better.:) Shawn has been reading aloud to us the book: "Yearning For The Living God" by F. Enzio Busche. It is the most inspiring and motivating book that I have read for a long time. I read it last week and realized what a great book it would be for everyone in the family to hear. I got it for my parents for Christmas, because it came with high recommendations, and then when a couple of my sisters-in-law started raving about it, and offered to lend me their book, I decided to read it too.

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out that book! Glad you mentioned it. Love that Shawn was reading it to your family during the Valentine making. I dream of having a kitchen one day that we can all gather in. What a perfect gathering place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Sunday! I put that book on my Amazon wish list--thanks for the recommendation!!

    ReplyDelete