family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Memory

Tonight when we were visiting the family (our weekly Sunday evening activity) I was reminded, by my in-laws, of something that I had forgotten all about:

When Kami was a baby, we moved into an apartment on the second floor of an apartment building. Shawn's dad came over to help move our furniture in, and when it came time to move the couches in, the couch wouldn't come through the door because of the angle of the stairs and doorway. We had a loveseat that had made it in, but I was really disappointed that I wouldn't be able to make everything as homey and nice as if we also had our couch. I was determined that there had to be a way to get the couch in there as well. I remember Shawn's dad, as he was going to leave, chuckling and saying, "Uh-oh. I've seen that look on a woman's face before!"

Shawn puzzled about it, and then told me that about the only way he could think of to get the couch in was to take the upstairs window out and bring the couch in that way. He talked to the managers about it, and for some reason, they said we could do it. Shawn set up scaffolding, brought the couch in as slick as could be, and then re-caulked the window. I was so happy to have such a great problem-solving husband and I was so glad to have that couch the whole time that we lived there! Was it just a little over a year? Oh well, it was worth it.:)

My mother-in-law said that was when she knew that Shawn would do anything for me. I've just been thinking about that memory, and I have come to the conclusion that I must be the luckiest girl in the world!

3 comments:

  1. Aw, so sweet. I remember visiting you guys once with Kristi when Kami was a baby and I remember thinking Shawn was pretty lucky too! You guys are such a great couple. You are seriously my heroes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story! I'm lucky to have one of those guys at my house too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That is pretty impressive that he would set up scaffolding and everything! Joseph keeps discouraging me getting a real piano (the one we have is digital) because we'd just have to move it again in a couple years when (if) we leave this house! He'd rather I just wait until we move again. I'll have to show him this little story:)

    ReplyDelete