family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Monday, February 6, 2012

Curiosity supersedes vanity when you're nine..

Yesterday I was kissing a wart. (I know that sounds like a strange thing to do and I'm not so sure why I was doing it.) Shawn seems to feel that warts are contagious or something, and that led to the thought and question to Maddie, "What if I got a wart around my lips now?"


Immediately and very adamantly, Maddie said that was impossible. I said, "Really?! How do you know?" She replied that once, she had wondered the same thing, so she had rubbed her wart against her nose. She had tried this several times and nothing had happened, so she was sure that you couldn't get warts that way.

The intriguing thing about this is that she has been completely mortified by a wart that is on her hand for several months now. She's kept it faithfully buried under a band aid, applies solutions that are guaranteed to remove warts, and continually laments its existence.

And yet, SHE WAS WILLING TO GROW ONE ON HER NOSE!

3 comments:

  1. She's a scientist at heart. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe she was trying to be a witch for halloween. You know you aren't a true witch unless you have a wart on your nose!!
    Funny Maddie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a funny girl. She has always liked witches though right? I remember her making me tell her the story of "Bony Legs" (a story about witch) over and over and over. I still remember how fun it was to watch her eyes get wider and wider throughout the story- no matter how many times I told it.

    ReplyDelete