family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Maddie's Science Project

Thursday was a big science fair -all day- for the fourth graders at Maddie's school. She teamed up with her friend Alexis and they experimented to see which drinks were the hardest on teeth.

They chose to experiment with milk, apple juice, Gatorade, sprite and crystal lite. Their surprising finding was that sugar-free crystal lite is actually the hardest on teeth. The tooth that was left in the crystal lite got cavities and was very stained.

Maddie says that they received an A++ on the project, and in my opinion, they earned it just from having to handle those disgusting teeth! They got them from our dentist, flesh still attached, and the secretary said that they'd probably stink, as well. I don't know when I have ever been so grossed out by something. I felt like I should help Maddie clean them up, but just the thought of them was making me feel nauseous. Caden saved the day and helped her with that.Shawn and I went Thursday morning and checked out the projects from all the kids in our ward and also a couple other relations (your boys' projects were awesome, Lanette). I tell you what, these science projects are a lot of work for parents, even when your children do everything they can! There's still an awful lot of over-seeing and assisting that has to go on.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN about it STILL being a lot of work for the parents. I thought we were so on the ball this year and yet we STILL pulled a 12 am bedtime! Oh, I was so glad when that day was over!!

    The teeth with the flesh still on it...NASTY! I was so impressed, too, by what these kids come up with. Pretty impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! All these projects are such work for the parents too. It looks like she did great and was very brave about the teeth! So interesting about Crystal Light, hmmm. Thanks Maddie for enlightening us about that one! Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete