family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Gussied up


Last night, just before bed time, Isabelle brought me a bunch of the smallest rollers that we have and asked me to put them in her hair. This morning when I took them out she had some very tight curls. She wasn't very happy once when we did this in the past and got the same result, so I told her that they would probably relax quite a bit before church.

Later she combed through the curls and came into my room to show me the results. She said, "I thought about putting my hair into a pony tail, but I'm kind-of just trying to look like Grandma Shirley today." (Her great-grandma-I thought that was so cute!)


Shawn leaves for meetings so early on Sundays that the kids don't even see him until we arrive, so I gave him a heads up on what to compliment Isabelle about. He said, "Wow! You look a lot like Grandma Shirley today!" Isabelle beamed.


I also thought that I'd include Kami's cute hair-do of the day - she has been finding such cute hair-dos to do on herself. Lately she has really been into grandma Shirley's era of music - you know, the big band stuff and swing dancing and all that. I think the hair-dos she has been liking go along with that same time period, as well. It's so fun to see what our kids get interested in.

2 comments:

  1. very cute and impressive. That's neat that their Grandma Shirley is the cool one to copy!

    ReplyDelete