family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Hearts, sharing the love, and stuff like that!


For our FHE activity this week we did our annual tradition of cutting out hearts and writing poems about each other on them.

You can see this stack of hearts that Isabelle made, smack-dab in the center of the picture up above, but her hearts bear a closer look:
And just in case you couldn't see the white heart well enough:

She's learning all sorts of good first grade knowledge!:) And I always have to love the compliment that my kids pay me when they write me a love note, "You are the best mom that I have ever had!"- you know, that reassurance just in case I thought they liked their other mother (mothers?) better!!

Just a sampling of some of the cute poems: "laughing and giggling and singing all day, Belle is a sweetie in every way" (Kami) "Roses are red, violets are blue, flowers smell sweet and so do you...depending on who you are." (Maddie) "Kami hugs people day in and day out. Very rarely do you see her pout." (Caden) "Roses are red, Abram's growing up fast. We only wish that his lisp would last!" (me) and "Caden is a terrific friend. Sometimes we disagree, but we make up in the end." (Kami) "Dad is the amazing kind of guy. When he's around, he makes time fly." (Caden)

Then there are the heart-warmer Valentines that make you forget the times the very kid who wrote this one went stomping off in a huff saying that they didn't like you !!

5 comments:

  1. SUCH a fun tradition! You guys are always having so much fun at your house. So cute! And your kitchen is gorgeous. Wish I could transport there and have a quick tour! :) If we ever build again may I come sneak a peek?

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Do your kids really stomp off in a huff saying they don't like you? I can't imagine it. But if they really do then it makes me feel so much better because we had an episode like that just last night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love it!!!! That's a lot of love, but I'm serious. What wonderful poets you all are! Which reminds me, you should have heard Nicki and Isabelle quoting "Where the Sidewalk Ends" poetry to each other last week. It was funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great family tradition!!! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great poems!! I like the crayon shaving hearts too! I'll have to remember that project for Kilynn next year.

    ReplyDelete