family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Our Resident Decorator

Isabelle has apparently taken it upon herself to decorate the house!  I find her master-pieces all over the place, but her current bulletin board seems to be Shawn's and my bedroom door.  One side of it looks like this right now:

The other side has her continued evaluations of Shawn and I.  I am now on my third paper and Shawn is on his second.  She says that whoever gets finished with their third paper the first, wins - the suspense is killing me -I hope I win, I hope I win!!:) It's so funny that she persists at this and writes something up nearly every day!
2nd evaluation
 (Good at reading scriptures, good at being nice, good at making lunch, she cleans up, good at teaching, she puts the kids to bed, doing the laundry, good at reading, she snuggles with us.)

third- and hopefully the winning- evaluation!!



 (Good at watching Josh, Putting Abram to sleep, busy, temple, going to track meets)

 (Good at making breakfast, you wrestle with the kids, you watch Abram, Good at making dinner, good at setting the table, meetings, busy.)

She also keeps our dining room doors decorated, and this is a decoration that got us laughing.  It is an Easter Bunny surrounded by eggs and underneath it it says, "I like to jump on you."


We shorten the name Isabelle to "Belle" a lot around the house.  A few days ago I overheard her talking to a friend and she said, "Sometimes my family wants to get my attention and they say, "Hey, Belle!"  And it sounds like they're saying hay bale.  And sometimes my mom says, "Close the door, Belle."  And it sounds like she's saying doorbell!"

5 comments:

  1. That's cute that she hears different things when you say her name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a funny, funny kid. I'm thinking she's a natural teacher or something, if she likes giving report cards. But she's very observant of all the good things you guys do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious! It's interesting that she persists with those evaluations. I like that she can tell jokes about her name. What a funny girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isabelle must have done a good job with that rabbit picture because even Kilynn recognized it. I was just scrolling down through your blog with Kilynn in my lap. When we passed that picture she bounced up and down and said "hop hop!" So good job Isabelle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love that girl! I love her corn experiment too.

    ReplyDelete