family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dog food, anyone?

I was awakened last night by the sounds of a crying child.  Initially, I thought it was Nolan, but as I reached the top of the stairs I realized that it was Isabelle crying.  When I got to her, she was sitting up in bed sobbing with her hands up to her face.  I asked her if she was feeling sick, to which she said no.  I then asked her if she had had a bad dream, and she nodded and continued sobbing as she said, "but I think it was real!!"

I snuggled up to her in her bed and told her to tell me all about it.  She said, "well, I dreamed that you told us that we had to eat dog food."  I said, "was I being a mean mommy in your dream?" , to which she said "no, but I think it's real that you want us to eat dog food."

So I reminded her that I like us to eat foods that are good for our bodies and I didn't think that dog food would be good for humans.  Plus, we don't even have a dog;  thus no dog food for me to give to her.  She settled right back into a contented sleep.

This morning I asked her more about her dream and she said that I had been making home-made dog food and mixing it into my bread dough before I baked it.  She said that when I took it out of the oven, Caden had said, "Yum! My favorite!!"

5 comments:

  1. Your family is so fun...this is a cute story! Congrats to your Cami! I feel your pain on missing her first race--it's so hard to be a mom and get everyone where they need to be. You and your mom and sisters are all incredible--I take comfort in the fact that I know how to can and at times when I've really needed to I can do it to feed the family. Other than that I don't can--I'd rather teach piano...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny - especially the part about Caden. Typical of a big brother :) You will be so glad you recorded this in your blog so you can remember. I go back and read my blog and it's like I'm reading it for the first time because I forget so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So that's the secret ingredient in your secret ingredient bread!!

    ReplyDelete