family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

The things they say


Pace just brought me a picture with a lot of squiggly lines and asked me if that was how you get from our house to grandpa and grandmas?  I looked at it and showed him where we were at each place spot on his loopty loos and squiggly lines – cabbage Hill, Ladd Canyon, North Powder, and Haines and he is pretty happy with his map.  He keeps adding to it. 

Funny things the kids have said lately:
“I think some tastebuds came off on it” After Nolan got his tongue stuck to a popsicle

Pace during prayer “Bless Kami and Caden can stay away from strangers but stay with the friends they’re making”

Pace after watching the new Incredibles movie: “ Mom I think I have superpowers; my eyes feel weird.”  This show had a warning at the beginning that it would irritate some people’s eyes…

Abram’s spelling cracks me up “esparigus” for asparagus.  He reads all the time now, so I expect his spelling to get better this year!

Abram: “Sure I’ll vacuum!  I’ll be obliged!!”

Abram after someone asked the boys to watch their turtle while they were on vacation: “ How long do we have to watch the turtle? I hope it’s not for an hour!!”  Not knowing there was any care involved, I guess he figured they’d have to stare at it the whole time?

Pace when Shawn came home for lunch and I asked Pace to go find his shoes: “Sorry dad.  I was going to enjoy you but sadly I can’t.”

Pace has been turning out picture after picture lately.  He sits and colors by the hour.  I can’t believe his attention span!! He presented Shawn and I with a very tall stack of his drawings and colorings and then couldn’t find them in our room.  He came to me and said, “when dad gets home you say, “Hon? Where are my pictures and your pictures that Pace drew? Because we can hang them up on our wall!!”” I liked the "hon" part that he added🤣

Pace: “That music gave me Whitemares!”  Everything scary gives him whitemares these days. Especially the thought of clowns downstairs...

I also like how he asks me “You’re happy at me aren’t you?!!!” after he accomplishes something AMAZING.

No comments:

Post a Comment