family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, August 6, 2017

That time between moving and being moved...

In January, Shawn went over to Pendleton, Oregon to interview for a job there, and I got to go with him!  Everything about it felt right - we really liked the people there, it felt like home and the schools had most of the activities that our kids are into.  We even looked at houses while we were there, and one of the houses immediately felt like the house we were supposed to be in.

Shawn started the job towards the end of February.  He took Evan and Jodi's camp trailer over and lived in it outside of my brother Aaron and sister-in-laws Tia's house.  Then he made the long 9 hour drive home every weekend.  There was a lot of moving things we needed him for, and he was also still the bishop clear up until a week or two before we finally moved out of the house!  While he was gone, I got the house on the market, sold it twice, packed everything up and sold a whole lot of stuff on Craigslist.  It was a busy time, in fact some days were down-right horrible for both of us.  But we made it.  Whew!

This is blurry Pace and I when we took a shuttle to Boise.  I met my mom and dad there after their temple shift one Wednesday, they took me home and Shawn met up with us there. Then Shawn and I went and looked at houses again.  Still felt good about the same one and made an offer.  It was nothing spectacular, but it felt right and nothing else on the market at the time looked even a little bit appealing to us.  Mostly because they all needed gutted and started over on...

This ride with Pace was an adventure.  I packed a lot of snacks for him and also some dollar store toys.  Early on in the ride I offered him a snack, which he accepted.  Then he asked me if I wanted one, and I declined.  He talks very loudly and this time was no exception.  He asked, "WHY?!?? Do these give you DIARHEA???"  Later I had to walk past him in his seat and he loudly announced that I had a very big bottom.  He made the trip more entertaining for everyone, I think!


Shawn was good about skyping the family every morning at 6:00 am.  (5:00 Oregon time, so this was a sacrifice for him) This particular morning, and many mornings, the boys would say, "I get to pray by dad!!" , when scriptures were over and it was time for family prayer.


After prayers, the kids would dive in to talk to Shawn for a few minutes before the morning really began.

One weekend Shawn and I decided that we needed to go over to Pendleton and find a house.  The day we left was HORRIBLE weather.  We counted about 20 cars and two semis off of the road on the way to Boise.  When we were about two hours out of Boise, my dad called to see where we were.  It was their day to work in the Boise temple, and the freeway between Boise and their home had closed during their shift!  He told us that they had gotten a room for us and them to share :D

This ended up being so much fun - I had never had a slumber party with my parents before!!  Once we turned out the lights we lay there talking and laughing.  This was such a fun and humorous event!

The next morning the freeway was open again, and the roads looked just great!  I thought this was particularly beautiful as the sun came up:


No comments:

Post a Comment