family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, August 6, 2017

8 pull-ups

Back in October I decided that I wanted to be able to do 10 pull-ups by my birthday.  At the time, even though I lift weights almost everyday, I could only do 3.  I started by doing a lot of negatives every other day or so.  This was soooo incredibly HARD!!! After months of this hard work, I happened to be at my parents on my birthday, and I took a test there.  I was able to do eight, which was less than I hoped, but I am still really happy with it!  These pull-ups are the real deal.  I try to drop until my arms are almost all the way straight before going up again. The move has disrupted my routine, but hopefully, I will be able to increase it when things settle down a bit.


Pull-ups turn out to be a great upper-body toner.   Isabelle took some pictures and I sent these pics to Shawn and Kami to ask their opinions about this swim suit I was considering.  I have a hard time deciding things like this on my own...anyways, Shawn texted back and asked if I was flexing my back.  I said, "How do you do that?"  I really didn't know. I was pretty happy about that!




No comments:

Post a Comment