family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Tragedy

This morning, out across the pond were two moose:


...And Shawn left for work, but was quickly back again to tell me that the moose had completely knocked down BOTH of our beehives!

This was after we had mostly put them back together, but hadn't yet lifted it back onto the cinder blocks.


There were a lot of casualties, but not as many as we had expected. We're going to have to put something up to keep the moose away from the hives, but weren't able to tonight, as Shawn got home from work after dark.  Hopefully they don't get knocked over again tonight:(


3 comments:

  1. That's crazy! I wonder why they were interested in the hives?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooo! Horrible! I remember you were so careful not to kill a single bee when you were out checking on them. I'll be interested to hear how the bees react over the next few days - keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pretty much stinks. I hope the bees will be okay.

    ReplyDelete