family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Nolan's big program

We woke up to snow this morning that was deep enough to cover the grass, so Nolan had two reasons to be excited:  the snow AND the long-awaited, much anticipated 2nd grade Veteran's Day program!! He has been religiously singing the songs.  One day he had a friend from his class over to play and I saw them outside practicing their songs together:)

He was hoping to be one of the uniform - wearers, and the teacher evidently told the kids that she would be picking someone that sang really well.  I'm sure that he was singing great, and he was disappointed that he wasn't picked for that part.

It was so cute watching him sing his little heart out! The school does a really great job with this program, and I am so glad that they do it.  I think it really gets these kids feeling grateful for those who fight for our country and feeling patriotic themselves.  I know it does me!

Nolan was really wishing that his Grandpa Kerns could have been there since he served in the Navy and they were honoring those who had served in any branch of the military. I would have liked it if he could have been there, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment