family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The things they say volume 6

Every now and then I get worried about if my kids are eating well enough.  Are they getting enough vitamins and eating from enough food groups?  While I am in one of those worrying modes, I start cranking out green smoothies once per day.  And last year, when our garden was producing lots of spinach and kale and chard, I was very encouraged, because my little boys, who rarely touch - much less eat- a vegetable, would beg for green smoothies and slurp them down and beg for more!  I could give them all of their veggie servings in one glass.  And it felt so great thinking about the wonderful things those vegetables were doing for their little, growing bodies:)
Groovy Green Smoothie Recipe

....Not so much anymore this year.

Last night  I made up a green smoothie for them.  Abram looked at his anxiously before taking a taste after much encouragement. He started to shudder as the smoothie went down.

He finally managed to swallow and then he said, "Mom, this smoothie makes my head wiggle.  I can't drink it."

Shawn and I started laughing really hard and then Abram said, "I'm serious.  I'm not doing it on purpose. My head just starts wiggling!"  We believed him!

I told him that he could choose to eat some carrots instead:)

This lack of success made me appreciate even more that Nolan was drinking ALL of his!  I thanked him for keeping an open mind.  He said, "Yeah.  I can get myself to drink it because I just pretend that it's poly-juice potion.  Poly-juice potion is really gross!!!"

Soon after this I headed to bed and found another addition of the girl's paper just waiting there on my bed for me to discover it. I had another great laugh over this section:

Something about that "you can contact him by calling his name" sent Shawn and I into peals of laughter.

Ivy - the girls will be sending you a paper just as soon as their mother gets around to it! They were very motivated by your interest:)

1 comment: