family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Warms my heart

Well, the kids finished school!  I spent a groggy first day of summer vacation after hosting an end-of-school party from 11:00 to 3:30 for Isabelle and her friends, and from 8:30 - 12:00 for Kami and her friends.  We got to bed by 1:00 am, only to be up for the day with our little guy five hours later.

So, in our spare time we have enjoyed sitting around perusing the new year books.  One from the Middle school, one from the Junior High, and one from the High school.  And when I opened up that High school year book, I can't even describe how happy it made me to see this:
and this:
and this:
and this:
and this:
Squished in amongst all of the signatures from her peers were little notes from her siblings that she had collected.  Isn't that the neatest thing?! I love this girl!  I appreciate so much how she loves and values her family and the relationships that she has with us.  I am so blessed to be able to claim her as my daughter and we are all blessed by her good example, love, and friendship.

This week she is headed off to Disney Land with her school orchestra.  We're all going to miss her so much!

3 comments:

  1. Those are sweet messages and a tribute to a great girl! She really sounds amazing! Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat. What a treasure of a clan you have. They take after their awesome parents!

    ReplyDelete