family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Great news!!!

Sometimes all of the bad news in the world wears me out.  Sometimes I have to take a break from listening to it on the radio, or reading about it in the paper.  I can't help it.

Last night, I went to bed completely exhausted after helping my husband and two oldest kids get ready to leave on a pioneer trek.  I was ready to fall right to sleep, but then I saw a "newspaper" rolled up and tied with some pink yarn, lying on my bed!  And I tell you what, reading it was very energizing!! This is news I would enjoy every day of the week:


Apparently, unknown to the rest of us, during all of their free moments yesterday, Isabelle and Maddie were busy publishing their first newspaper!

It included a lot of the important things:  Ads, Weather forecasts,  book recommendations, a recipe that they have made and loved:

Comics:


Exciting stories:


I don't know if I can wait a whole week to have this cartoon and "special writing" resolved!!

There was a spotlight on Isabelle:


I love the "see threw stomach" and that they put that she is 8 and 11/12 years old:)
Included was a picture of that young lady!:


I can't wait for next week's edition!!

4 comments:

  1. This is the greatest!! Your kids come up with such interesting things! I'm on pins and needles to find out how that story about King Tyrian will turn out! I also may have to try out that recipe tonight. This is the best newspaper I've ever seen. How can I subscribe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so amazing. It reminds me of Little Women. Maddie is a future Jo March.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of the March sisters, too!
    So, the trek issues must have been resolved...good! I'm glad they get to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can we subscribe? I love it! I especially like the self portrait and the story. Do you remember doing that when we were little? I wish I could see those again. What fun! Heidi

    ReplyDelete