family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Monday, June 16, 2014

The things they say volume 5

Or maybe I should title this "The things Abram says" because it's mostly things he has said.
Abram having trouble getting dressed Sunday
Abram wanted a snack the other day, and Shawn was taking a snack break as well, so he took care of it.  He asked Abram what he wanted, and Abram requested cheese (melted) on bread.  Shawn put two slices on a cookie sheet, because he decided he wanted some of that, too.  Abram said, "I want two pieces." Shawn said, "This is snack time, not lunch time.  Just eat one, and then get a fruit or something." Abram thought for a moment about how to get around this one and come out with the two pieces for himself, and then he said, in a sing-song voice, "Dad! Remember! Mom is worried about your fiber!!" (Which, yes he has heard Shawn and I have that conversation.  Shawn eats terribly un- nutritious foods while he is traveling.)

Abram came out from his room the other morning and announced, "I'm going to be a colored man today!" I was a little shocked for a second until I looked at him.  He was wearing as many bright colors as he could find.

Another day, he was wearing a black cape around and saying in a sinister voice, "The black mama!!"  He meant "The Black Mamba" a line from Mega Mind if you've seen it.  Again, a little shocking until we realized what he was trying to say.

Abram joined me while I was out dead - heading flowers a couple of evenings ago.  He asked what I was doing, and I explained to him.  Soon he wanted to help.  "Here is a dead head!  There are lots of dead heads out here!!"

Friday night we were coming home early from Maddie's soccer tournament.  She hadn't been playing for awhile because she wasn't feeling well (later she ended up vomiting and was still sick the next day) and Pace was ready to be finished watching. I should report here that Maddie's team never won a single game all season!  Those poor girls - they were always hopeful, but without hope.  For half of the season it really bothered Maddie, but then she got philosophical about it.  She says that they are undefeated if you take off the "un".

Anyway, on the way home, we were listening to NPR because I am really cool like that:) They started playing sound tracks to the Toy Story movies. Isabelle, Nolan and Abram were so excited!!  Isabelle said, "Turn it up really loud, mom!!"  I did.  Then she said, "Can you unroll all the windows?!" No doubt imagining that everyone would think we were so cool to be driving around with that music blasting out of our windows! I am so cool that I tried to do it before I remembered that I am uncool enough to be driving a car that has a broken door.  None of the control panels work on the driver's side. I just can't decide whether I am cool or not???  I spend a lot of time worrying about this.  Haha.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely cool!! I think . . . but this is coming from the girl who had coolness lessons from you, so maybe I'm not the authority. What funny kids! Heidi

    ReplyDelete