family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Thursday, January 23, 2014

The things they say volume 2

*Abram has been experimenting with the power of prayer but so far he hasn't been very impressed.  Recently I taught him that Heavenly Father always answers our prayers, but sometimes He says 'no', sometimes He says 'yes', and sometimes He says 'not yet'.  The other day he came to me and told me that Heavenly Father always says 'no' to HIS prayers.  I asked him what he had been praying for.  He said once he prayed that all of the trees would disappear, but when he opened his eyes they were still there.  Another time he prayed that he could have more than one vitamin a day. Another time he prayed that all of the beans would disappear from his burrito because he hates beans.  Hmmmmmm.....

*Maddie (frantically rushing to get out to the bus):  "OH NO!!!  I don't have time to get my hand sanitizer!!"
Me:  "Why do you need hand sanitizer?"
Maddie: "Because we have square dancing in P.E. today!!"
Later...
Maddie:  "That was the WORST day of my life!"
Me: "Why?"
Maddie: "SQUAREDANCING!  It is so disgusting to have to touch some of those boy's hands!  And one boy completely refused to even hold hands with me."
Me: "Did that make you feel bad?"
Maddie: "NO!! Last year I used to see that boy pick his nose.  So I was really relieved.  And the boys bathrooms are set up at school so that the sinks are kind-of outside the bathroom, and a lot of the girls say that they have noticed that lots of the boys DON'T EVEN WASH THEIR HANDS!!"

She and I are only left to hope that these boys will develop some sort of hygiene somewhere along the line....(sigh!);)

*Pace is sick ....again.  All I can say is that he must be developing a great immune system!
Abram: "Mom, get the snot-taker for Pace!"
(I've never called it this, but knew exactly what he was talking about - that bulb syringe thingy that the hospital sends home with you, you know?)
Abram ( as Pace lays screaming): " Here I come you poor little fella!!!"

*Abram: "Mom can I have some gum?"
Me: "Yes, but just half a stick"
Abram: "Mom, don't look while I get it, Okay?"
Riiiiiggght! Kids are so funny. They really don't think adults are bright enough to see through a trick like that!:)

5 comments:

  1. Love it! Abram's quite the little ham. Oooh. Boys really DO have cooties in 6th grade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what kids say. I used to be really good at writing down what our kids would say. I need to be better. You have great kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought Maddie's letter about square dancing and touching the boys' hands was so funny. They do square dancing here too and the performances are hilarious to watch. The kids all dance without touching. All the hands are about four inches apart. Abram's comments are so cute too. I've heard that last one a time or two too! Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I love the "snot taker." I also love the "Don't look Mom," comments. It's always nice when out of the blue Kilynn will say, "Stay in the Living Room, ok Mom?" I hope she never stops warning me when she's about to do something naughty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got caught up on all your posts!! I love them. I guess I should update mine sometime. Maybe after this weekend. Calista's baptism got cancelled and we're trying to do it on Friday, which is also Ellen's birthday.

    ReplyDelete