family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Snippets of Christmas

 We had such a fantastic Christmas season - I am so sad that I had to take the decorations down today, when it seems that  I just put them up! I am sorry to see the kids going back to school tomorrow and Shawn to work.  Shawn took all the days off work that the kids had out of school and it was so wonderful having him home so much! I'm afraid I have been spoiled.

The best part about Christmas was that my parents and Eli came to celebrate it with us! I feel so lucky and loved when people come to see us - especially my parents, who don't care to leave their place very often!!

While they were here:
Nolan was terrified of the ghosts on the "Christmas Carol" movie - dad had to keep covering his eyes:)


At the Ritchie's live nativity that they do every year - afterwards we went caroling - boy we sound good with those three additions!  I was proud to let everyone hear our little choir!


Everyone doing their part on our annual Christmas breakfast that we make together and eat BEFORE opening presents to make it all last longer!

mom and I cooking up the sausage








Our own dear Santa Claus:)  This outfit was donned several times:



All of the adults were surprised to wake up Christmas morning and find that Santa had left us a stocking as well - completely different from the kids stockings!  Kami, Caden and Madeline had bought candy and stocking stuffers and put them out sometime after we went to bed (or woke up).  So cute and thoughtful!  Below I am wearing a "nose warmer" made for me by Maddie (that was in my stocking).  Mom got one, too.  We got a good laugh.  Even funnier was later when I said that I couldn't wait to wear it while I ice skated!  Maddie said, "no, don't wear it, mom!!  That would be SO embarrassing!! I need to tell you that I didn't have time to make a good nose warmer by the time I thought of it, so I gave you a finger to a pair of gloves that I was crocheting!  No wonder it was so long!!:

Nolan's favorite gift, given to him by Maddie:

Before Christmas Abe told everyone he was getting a "batman castle". He really got it!  And he has played with it for at least three hours every day since.  Guess he really knew what he would like!!



We spent a lot of time this Christmas break ice skating! This was the first time that I had been able to do it in YEARS (like 16) because the other years that our ice has worked out I have either been pregnant or had a little one to watch.  It was so much fun!! By the way, Kami is the awesome skater in the pink coat, who can skate forward and backward and look all graceful...and  I am the one in black:)

Below:  Playing Balderdash.  Dad loves to play games, and games are fun to play when he is around!!

more game players
Shawn was sure good to take pictures, and  I am so glad because otherwise this whole vacation would have gone completely undocumented! (Although there is a slight over-abundance of pictures of myself) I wish I had some pictures of him!!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful Christmas. So happy to see that your parents and Eli made it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Christmas. Spending time with family is such a treat, especially when they are your parents you don't get to see often enough. Your nose warmer is the best! It made me chuckle that it was supposed to be the finger on a glove. Your kids are funny! I'm glad I looked at your blog today, it made me feel better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Amy my sides ache!!!! I'm sitting here looking at and reading about your nose warmer and trying not to laugh out loud because kids are taking naps. It hurts!!
    What a great Christmas! You are so lucky to have such a fun pond to canoe on in the summer and ice skate on in the winter. It looks so perfect!
    I'm glad you had such a great Christmas with Mom, Dad and Eli!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you got to have your parents there. Looks like it was fun and I love the nose warmer. Nathan was off work for a little over a week and I love it when he is home with us. He went back to work on Wed and we are all bummed he had to go back. The kids don't start back up till Monday. The majority of the shipyard workers are off between Christmas and New Years every year. Its kind of nice but takes away from being able to pick different dates to have vacation another time of the year.

    ReplyDelete