family picture 2020

family picture 2020

Thursday, June 28, 2012

The play house

With Kami at girls camp and Caden at scout camp this week, I wondered how the younger kids (and myself!) would get along! I have been happy to see that the kids have their own imaginations.  They have been happily playing in a shed that Shawn has been building in our back yard.  I have to call them in for their meals or they'd stay out there all day long playing away!

Yesterday I was getting ready to make lunch when they rushed in and asked if I could make a picnic because they had "swept everything up really nice and made seats for everyone out in the shed!"



I was a little worried about the sturdiness of their home- made "chairs" but they held up great!:) My seat was on the other side of Abram.


Their new-found playhouse has a table (behind Maddie) and a stove (that she is working at). The girls said that it actually DOES get warmer in the stove!

They also showed me their stash of "food" which Nolan has been going and regularly gathering in the "forest" to the side of the shed.  What appears to be leaves at the top of the ladder are in all actuality "prairie chickens". No wonder they don't ever come in asking for snacks anymore:)

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a great playhouse to me :) It's nice to have Girl's Camp and Scout Camp in the same week instead of spreading them out like we do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids found a great place to hangout. I love it when kids get creative. Some day we would like to make a tree house for a place for our kids to hangout. We have a prime spot for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Such great memories being created! So glad you got to get away with Shawn, how nice! You two are such a great couple.

    ReplyDelete